Todays post is for Visible Image Stamps .....
Its my mums birthday today , and she has turned one of her spare rooms into her sewing room, so i decided to make her a wall hanging and what a perfect set of stamps to do the job The Sewing Room .I love this set, so many uses, so many ideas ... anyways this is what i came up with.
I started with an 8 x 8 board, which i covered in a realy lovely paper in soft pink..
I then used the Grunge Flourish stamps with acrylic paint to go around the edge..... (the stamps are perfectly fine to use with acrylic but be sure to wash imediatly with warm soapy water)
The flourish is a realy pale pink, and i also sponged around the edge with a cream, just using a normal kitchen sponge cut down and dipped in the paint.
While that was all drying i took the bodyform stamp from the set and stamped onto paper in black, i then scanned this into the computer , resized in My Craft studio, and printed out, cut it out and stuck to card
then cut it out again and this became my template, i traced around it onto card cut it out and kept this one for future use.
Finaly i painted it in brown, and covered in crackle glaze ( which doesn't show very well in this pic) and that was my dress form done.
Moving on i took the same stamp and went all over the background in Tattered rose Distress ink, to add depth and a little more interest to the background. Next i took a die cut birdcage, and distressed it with inks and acrylics and the good old fashioned crackle technic using pva glue, once it was dry i used a FLower soft wire, which i coloured with a pro marker, and twisted it around the cage to resemble vines, i added leaves and soem beautiful pastel pink, green, yellow blooms from Petal Lu.
I then Stamped the buttons in fired brick, Peeled paint, tattered rose and brushed corduroy, distress inks
coverd with glossy accents, cut out and punched holes once dried, i stamped the sewing thread bobbins in brushed corduroy, cutout and wrapped in various ribbons and fibres in shades of pink and some white and cream as you can see in this pic, i made a shelf out of a coffee stirer i cut off the ends and coloured with the brushed cordroy then coverd in crackle accents, while it was still wet i stuck the beads in for little hooks,ti which i stuck tinyhangers i had in my stash.
you can also see in this picture i used the stitches around the edges in brished cordroy, i took some different laces's and rolled to resemble bolts of cloth/ lace.Then it was onto the bodyform, i cut a second one from card and cut off the stand and the top bit, to give it a bit of shape i covered it in kitchen tissue, then in a piece of old t- shirt fabric i had dyed with used teabags..then i stuck it to the whole bodyform.
Finaly i used some of the same t-shirt fabric this time leaving it white, and some pretty Lace to dressed the bodyform.
I added ribbon flowers and gems once done, and then arranged it all on the board. the final step was to take some canvas cord and stamp the tape measure in fired brick all along it to make a hanging strip
And there you have it one pretty wallhanging, i hope my mum will love .
i would like to enter this into the