Sunday 30 March 2014

Morning everyone, hope your all getting a bit of this lovely sunshine
There is a new challenge starting today at
The theme is
 Buttons
My make started life as a kettle box

 I printed some paper and the put it back though the printer printing the buttons background from
Ditzie Digi Designs,i then printed the buttons background another 4 times, then I coloured the buttons 92 in total!. Then each was glazed with triple thick glaze from declare available from that craft place, once dry each was cut out and the little holes for sewing the button on was pierced or cut out with a blade according to how small it was, next I went round all the edges and inside the holes with a marker to cover any white, (I hate white edges) then each was threaded with a pink or beige cord or the tiny tiny ones I used pink cotton.


On the box I used brown cord over the printed chain to hang the buttons on.
I edged the box with the pink cord & some lace.
Moving onto the top,i made flowers cut on the craft robo,(took me far longer than I thought it would lol). but I think they are rather pretty, iv added some swirly leaf flourishes.


And there you have it from a kettle box to  pretty storage box for my craft room.
I hope you like it
Don't forget to checkout the
Ditzie Digi Design Easy store
for all the wonderful digit's you could play with.
And come join in the challenge on the blog.http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing, at first i thought you had used real buttons, all that work was worth it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay this is awesome. Super inspiration :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a stunning box Kay - love this to bits - clever use of the buttons xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Amazing job with the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your box Kay, I think all that work was worth it.
    Cheers,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Kay!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Kay. Your paper buttons look amazing and I love the flower arrangement x

    ReplyDelete