Sunday 24 May 2015

Hey guys
This is the first of two posts today
This one is for

 I'm so privileged to be on this team for another term.
(Talk about nerve wracking reapplying and waiting to hear)
We have some fan new teamies joining and you can meet them all on the blog
They have done some stunning samples so don't be shy pop over to their blogs and say hi
Would be lovely if they could get some welcome blog love.
Ok so onto this new challenge
Theme
Shabby chic
I had fun with this one , this isn't my original idea so I cannot take credit for it I have used this template from the amazing  Terri @ Artful Affirmations , you can grab the template here

 Here is my effort

I cut the template out of card and covered inside and out with pretty papers , inking all the edges as I went, once the shoe was glued together I went to town with some scrumptious lace and bead trim.
I started with a lace flower cut from a wide cream lace panel, then I added the edging lace all around the front and back of the shoe.

Next was the ruffled lace & ribbon trim at the top front of the shoe, I put it inside the front edge then turned it around and added to the outside, to give the lovely double sided full ruffled look.
Then I moved onto adding the beaded trim &the bows.

The gem dangle (is that a word?) on the front is part of a earning from my broken/junk jewellery stash box, and to finish I added the hand made flower which I had cut from white card, sponges with Tattered Rose Distress ink the a touch of crystal Sticklers.

I hope you like it and maybe give it a go
We would love to see your shabby chic entries.

15 comments:

  1. Wow Kay, What a stunning Shoe, absolutely love the pretty papers and the gorgeous lace, love the ruffled lace and trim are also gorgeous. Great gem dangle to lol - if it's not a word then it should be lol sounds fine....

    Hugs Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, Love the lace and the papers. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Simply Papercraft, good luck and we hope to see you soon.

    Erin (Blog Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work Kay, so very pretty.
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project lovely and lacy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is amazing! I love the lace.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is gorgeous. I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally adorable, must check out the link.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful shoe Kay. The papers, pearls, ribbon and lace are gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back again Kay and I've got my DT hat on. Your shoe is perfect for the Kraftyhands May challenge of Lace and Pearls. Thank you for entering it and good luck xx

      Delete
  9. A stunning creation! Thank you for joining us at Kraftyhands blog challenge. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspirational . Shoe fit for a princess!
    Thanks for sharing on Kraftyhands Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks gorgeous! Well done!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning! I looked at this tutorial last week and thought I would give it a try. Now I know I must- simply gorgeous. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, It´s amazing :-) Thank you for joining us in CCC.
    Hugs from Therese, Creative Corner DT

    ReplyDelete